This post starts with a different approach. How many times have you gone beyond the first or second page of a Google search? If the answer is never (or rarely), then that is because of digital marketing. That is, one of the core advantages of digital marketing is that it brings a business or brand name’s website on top of results whenever someone (probably a customer) explores major search engines such as Google.
Digital Marketing can be defined as the use of digital channels to sell or promote a product/service. These channels include websites, social media platforms, digital advertisements, emails, and just about anything on the internet. Specialty of digital marketing is that it helps a business’ campaign reach an immensely huge amount of people in the world’s biggest marketplace; the internet. In addition, digital marketing also known as online marketing steps work 24/7 and can generate instant reports. The following are the core types of digital marketing:
- PPC or Pay-Per-click: This is a strategy that will bring traffic to your business website. To give more clarity, advertisements are placed on search engines and other platforms that people visit regularly. An advertiser that is your business will have to pay only for each ad that has been clicked by visitors. Hence, you pay only if the message gets across.
- Social Media Marketing: Posts including link to content, images, graphics, and more are published on platforms which include Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. These platforms can be used to gather attention and occasionally convert leads directly to sales!
- Search Engine Optimization: Content as well as other features of a website, social media presence or even a business’ online store is optimized to rank higher on search engines. This is what was discussed at the beginning of the post. For this, keywords are inserted into content and again content is placed correctly. The higher your website ranks on Google’s SERP, the more chances it is to grow your brand.
- Content Marketing: Marketing or promotion is done through publishing content which includes but is not limited to blogs, posters, case studies, white-papers, media files, social media engagement, and more. It’s a strategy in which interest of customers is generated in showcasing what they need; instead of directly pitching goods and services. That is, content is created on matters that concern the customer, while subtly including a company’s product/service in the same.
- Video Marketing: Video is the most popular forms of content that attracts everyone on the net. This involves creating new videos (animated or real-time) and polishing existing video clips with tools to make them more enticing. Video marketing can be used to promote your brand or a product, show behind the scenes of your business, share stories, and testimonials.
- Email Marketing: It’s one of the oldest forms of digital marketing that has one of the highest ROI. It involves sending out personalized emails to a target audience or previous customers. They are normally sent in bulk.
So now, you have a good idea about digital marketing and its different types. Want to know more on how this strategy will specifically help your business? Reach out to IT Now Technologies; the best digital marketing company in the U.S!